Tickets are available for tour dates in Cheshire, Lancashire, North Staffs and South Yorks.
Gary wants to borrow a few bob off his sister Sandy to go dancing at the Town Baths.
He wants her to iron his trousers because no one puts a crease in them like she does.
He also fancies Keith’s bird – and that’s where the trouble starts.
Full of secrets and poetry, this beautiful funny play is about the monochrome 1950s being shoved aside and replaced by a bright new world.
Includes ‘A Taste of the Sixties’ – imagine Babycham, cheese and pineapple chunks on cocktail sticks as party snacks. Get ready for plenty of fun from the decade!
Storm in the North in association with Action Transport Theatre presents ‘Lightning under their Skirts’, Joy Winkler’s new play with award-winning director Kevin Dyer. Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
- Tuesday, May 9, 7.30pm, Whitby Hall Studio, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 6QY. Tickets £6 adults, £4 under 16s and concessions, £18 group. Box Office: 0151 357 2120 (Cheshire Rural Touring Arts at Action Transport Theatre)
- Thursday, May 11,7.00pm, St Anne’s Library, Lytham St Anne’s, Lancs, FY8 1NR with Spot On Lancashire. Tickets: £7 adult / £5 concession. To book, please visit the library or email email@example.com,
- Friday, May 12, 7.30pm, The Barlow, Edgworth, nr Bolton, Lancs, BL7 0AP with Spot On Lancashire. Tickets: £7 adult / £5 concession. To book please contact: 01204 852216 / 852848
- Saturday, May 13, 7.30pm, Calder Vale Village Hall, Calder Vale, nr Preston, Lancs, PR3 1SJ with Spot On Lancashire. Tickets: £7 adult / £5 concession. To book, please contact: 01995 602615 / 606278
- Wednesday, May 17, 7.30pm, Newcastle Library, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1AT. Tickets: £7. To book, please visit or contact the Library between 9-6 Mon-Fri, 9-4 Sat on 01782 297332 or email: Newcastle.firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments can only be taken in cash at the Library. Nearest public car park is the Cherry Orchard (5 mins’ walk).
- Thursday, May 18, 7.30pm, Macclesfield Library, Cheshire SK10 1EE. Tickets £10 adult; £8 concessions. Box Office 01625 374000 (Cheshire Rural Touring Arts)
- Friday, May 19, 7.30pm Holmes Chapel Library, Cheshire, CW4 7AB (Cheshire Rural Touring Arts) Tickets: £10. To book please contact: 01477 689550. The Library has plenty of free car parking right next to the building, which is wheelchair accessible and has an accessible toilet.
- Thursday, May 25, 7.30pm The Civic, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2HZ. Tickets £12, £10 concession, £8 student. Box Office: 01226 327000 or online.
- Friday, May 26, 7.30pm Tarvin Community Centre, Tarvin, nr Chester CH3 8LY, Tickets £10. To book please contact: 01829 741 962 or book online via Cheshire Rural Touring Arts. The Centre has off-street parking and disabled access. The licenced bar will be open on the night!
Promoters’ tour enquires: email@example.com